After COVID-19 caused the cancellation of the last two attempts to present the Rotary Club of Hudson’s 36th Annual Gala, preparations are underway to return to the very successful format of cocktails, silent auction, full-course dinner and live auction at the Hilton Garden Inn in Twinsburg. Over the years, this event has generated the bulk of Rotary funds used to support major Hudson community needs, such as the Gift of Life, Hudson EMS, Hudson High School student programs and Hudson Scouting.
This year, the gala will raise funds for reconstruction of the historic Scout Cabin located on Hudson’s Village Green, continue its major support of the Gift of Life that provides heart surgeries for poverty-stricken children and contribute to HHS student programs for scholarships and community service.
Gala Chairs Marilyn Orr and Kris Barker report that major sponsors whose past support has helped raise over $65,000 each year will again contribute to this important community event, including lead sponsor Kaulig Giving and sponsors Akron Children’s Hospital and Fidelity Investments.
Many exciting gifts for the live auction have already been pledged including:
- A sports convertible for one month’s use generously donated by Don Sitts Auto Sales valued at $2500.
- An overnight stay, dinner and breakfast at the Spread Eagle Tavern and Inn, Hanoverton, valued at $500.
- A basket of assorted vintage wines to please a range of palates, donated by the Rotary Club of Hudson valued at $500.
- A dinner for 14 prepared at your home by Chef Mitch Faris of the Blue Door valued at $1,400.
- A masterfully crafted antique style tilt top table from Ron Strobl valued at $500.
- A special behind the scenes tour of the Akron Zoo valued at $400.
- A Lexus of Akron Guardian baseball outing package valued at $1200.
More information is available at www.rotaryhudson.org. ∞