Council approves upfitting of new police cruiser
by Dan Holland
Feb. 6 city council meeting
Members of Broadview Heights City Council during a Feb. 6 meeting approved a resolution for an agreement with Hall Public Safety Upfitters to outfit a 2023 Ford Explorer police interceptor with necessary equipment at a total cost of $12,330.
Items included in the cost, manufactured by Whelen, include switches, gauges, light bars, lights on the grills and bumpers, control module, two-way radio antenna and cable, console accessories, miscellaneous wires, connectors, hardware and other accessories. Items previously purchased and supplied by the department to be installed includes the two-way radio, radar, console, front and rear partitions, gun loft, gun rack, prisoner seat, modem, computer with computer mount and other items. The cost includes all installation charges.
“We only bought one cruiser this year,” said Police Chief Steven Raiff. “Eventually we’ll be getting a couple of administrative cars. We need a detective car. We have one that is 13 years old and another that is 11 years old that will be going out. This worked out well with only getting one marked car this year.”
In other action, council passed resolutions:
- To enter into an agreement with Manta FieldHouse in North Royalton for facility rental for indoor sports programming during 2023.
- To enter into an agreement with Hermes Sports & Events for race management services for the 2024 and 2025 Broadview Heights 5K & 1-mile walk events.
- To enter into an agreement with TruGreen for treatments at The Fields, Broadview Center and city campus for 2023 at a total cost of $22,196. The agreement includes tree services and annual seed purchase.
- To enter into an agreement with Vermont Systems, Inc. for cloud hosting services of the RecTrac Database and point-of-sale module in the city’s recreation center at a total cost of $19,725.
- To accept a $3,500 community event sponsorship program grant from NOPEC to be used for the city’s fireworks program.
- Amending a previous resolution between the city and Prima AE for traffic signal engineering and design services.
- To enter into an agreement with DRS Enterprises, Inc. for sanitary sewer improvement work along Harris Road. ∞