Top 5 Signs and Symptoms You Should See a Gonstead Chiropractor
by Dr. Andrew T. Brady, Chiropractic Physician
- Headaches/Migraines. Misalignments in the neck, especially if chronic, often lead to irritated nerves and tight muscles that can cause headaches and migraines. Misalignments in the upper neck can be especially problematic because they affect the brainstem, which is a common source of migraine-type headaches.
- Pain. People are usually surprised by this, but pain is often one of the last symptoms of a spinal misalignment. By the time a spinal misalignment causes pain, it’s usually been decaying for quite a while. This is why I can’t stress how important it is to get an evaluation by a chiropractic physician if you’ve been experiencing any pain for longer than two weeks. Chronic pain also has a negative effect on your brain, makes you less patient, less motivated and generally more stressed. These chronic misalignments are usually correctable and can greatly improve quality of life through evidence-based chiropractic care.
- Fatigue. One of the most common things I hear from patients in my office is how much less fatigued they feel after going through chiropractic care. I don’t have the space in this article to dive into the science behind this, but when you are in proper alignment, your muscle tone improves, pain reduces, your stress response is toned down significantly and inflammation comes down. This, in turn, can elevate energy levels, improve your mood and make you feel less fatigued.
- Sleeping problems. Spinal misalignments can interfere with how your nervous system functions and, ultimately, your sleep cycles. There are two branches within your nervous system called the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems. People who are chronically misaligned often have a “ramped up” sympathetic nervous system (which is also known as the “fight or flight” system) and are in a more stressed state. Have you ever had a good night sleep the night before a big test, an important presentation or any other stress-inducting event? Balancing these two branches of the nervous system through specific chiropractic adjustments can encourage restorative sleep.
- Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet. Have you ever been sitting at your desk and after a few minutes go by your feet start tingling or go numb? This can be a result of misalignments in your lower back that irritate the nerve roots leaving your spinal cord. This may not be enough to alarm most of you, but it shouldn’t be taken lightly. This can be a symptom of a decaying disc as a result of chronic misalignments, which can ultimately lead to more serious nerve problems like neuropathy, radiculopathy and muscle atrophy, if left uncorrected. These problems are, most of the time, treatable and, more importantly, preventable through chiropractic care.
Chiropractic care might not be the answer to your health problem … but what if it is? What if you could achieve better sleep, more energy, less pain and an improved quality of life through Gonstead chiropractic care? It might be worth a try.
NOW ACCEPTING MEDICAL MUTUAL and SUMMACARE NEW PATIENTS!
Spine Integrative Wellness
1340 Corporate Drive, Suite 300
Hudson, OH 44236
Opinions and claims expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of ScripType Publishing.