by Dr. Michael Tefs
Graduation for the Class of 2023 will take place on Saturday, June 3, inside E.J. Thomas Performance Hall. We are super excited to celebrate and recognize this very special class. Listen carefully around 2:15 p.m. on that day, as I am sure you will hear our applause … even from downtown Akron.
Here are just a few of the amazing accomplishments of the 223 graduates in this class:
Scholarships Earned: Drum roll, please.
• The Class of 2023 earned $16.014 million in scholarships. Wow!
• 82 students (37%) have a 4.0 or higher GPA.
• 128 students (55%) are graduating with honors.
• 2 had perfect ACT scores.
• 1 student completed an associate degree while still in high school.
National Merit Scholars:
• 10 National Merit Finalists. These students rank in the top 1% of the United States.
• 6 National Merit Commended Scholars. These students rank in the top 3-4% nationally.
College Board Advanced Placement Scholars:
The class of 2023 took 410 AP courses at Revere High School. This resulted in:
• 22% AP scholars.
• 7% AP scholars with honors.
• 15% AP scholars with distinction.
• Total: 44% of the class were AP Scholars.
College Credit Plus:
• 278 CCP courses were taken by seniors this year.
University credit is awarded to all CCP completed courses. This is quite a return on investment for our students and their families as they begin college. Many of our students begin as sophomores in college due to the university credit they earn while attending Revere High School.
What’s next for this Class?
• 84% will attend a four-year college/university.
• 7% will attend a two-year college/university.
• 1% will enter the military.
• 7% will enter the workforce.
• 1% will enter a trade/apprenticeship.
• 188 seniors participated in a senior internship this spring.
• Cherish yesterday, live for today, and reach for tomorrow!
Please join me in congratulating each and every student who is graduating from Revere in 2023.
Revere Pride – Living it!