By Chris Studor
Parents may have to prepare for their students to be on the school bus a little longer this year as the Highland School District, along with most districts across the nation, deal with a nationwide shortage of bus drivers. Supt. Catherine Aukerman said as the first day of school nears; the district remains about six drivers short.
The district’s bus schedule information is available by signing into Power School, then go to “Bus Information” on the left hand side of the page. Questions regarding bus information should be directed to the Transportation Office at 330-239-1901, ext. 1219 or via email at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents also are asked to take a moment to log into their FinalForms to complete or update any necessary documentation for the coming school year as soon as possible. For students new to the district, register for an account and follow the steps outlined at https://highlandmedina-oh.finalforms.com/. Updated forms are due prior to the first day of school. There is help at the link at the bottom of the screen in FinalForms for help resetting passwords.
“It is extremely important that all information is current and on record at the district and building levels,” said Dawn Marzano, communications director.
Marzano encourages parents and students to take note of the following important dates:
- Monday, August 8; school offices reopen
- Wednesday, August 17: middle school supply sale & registration day – 12-7 p.m. high school material pick-up (schedules, test scores, ID cards, etc.) 10 a.m. to noon; class rosters, schedules and bus information posted in PowerSchool
- Tuesday, August 23: Open house for students in grades K-5 (9 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.) This open house will offer parents and students the chance to meet teacher and school staff. The schedule is offered alphabetically (see below) and provides morning, afternoon and evening options for families
- August 23 First Day for Students in Grades 6 and 9
- Wednesday, August 24 All K-12 Student attend. ∞